Friday, March 23, 2012

DIY - Pallet Wall Shelf

So let me start by saying I absolutely love Pinterest, just as most bloggers and DIY'ers do.
Follow Me on Pinterest
I found this Pallet Wall Shelf project on Pinterest and decided to do it myself.  First of all, on Pinterest I did NOT read the description on how to install it, I just "pinned" the image and decided I could do it. Good thing I have a nice hubby, because you really need muscles for this!

Start by choosing a Pallet of your choice, they come in all kinds of colors and even sizes. Personally, I wanted something more rustic. My house and style is not really rustic or country but I thought doing this would bring a sense of warmth into the house, do you think I accomplished by goal?

That's about where my "hard work" ended. Who knew a pallet was so heavy!? I had to send in the troops for this project. My husband found the studs in the wall and hung it for me, while I supervised and told him whether or not it was level. Good thing I went to college, I don't think I could have handled this without it. haha (oh - there's some sarcasm for my readers!)

Once he got it secure against the wall I wandered around our house and dug through my surplus of home decor to find items that fit well into the display.  Then presto, it was done!


I've found quite a different pallet projects that I've liked since completing this. Don't be surprised if you see another one down the road!

On a random note, a week or so after we completed this project I had some water pipe samples in my car from work. (It's too long to explain but let me just say I work in construction - not in the field, in the office) Back to my story, I had these pipe samples in my car and my husband noticed them. He quickly said "what the hell kind of project are you doing now?!" I cracked up! No hunny, that's for work. LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment